How to set up your Rockstar Games Social Club 2 Step Verification, and securely lock down your Grand Theft Auto Online and Red Dead Online accounts. Not only does 2-step verification or 2FA provide added security for accounts used over the internet, but Rockstar Social Club 2FA also provides in-game perks for GTA Online and Red Dead Online.
Here’s how you can enable Rockstar Games Social Club 2-Step Verification:
- Go to the 2-Step Verification page on Rockstar Games Social Club and login if necessary.
- If it shows a highlighted prompt asking you to verify your Rockstar Games Social Club email address, do it as this can be done from the Settings page.
- From the 2-Step Verification page, look for the purple button labeled Setup and click it to reveal a QR code and secret key.
- Using the authenticator app of your choice, scan the QR code using your mobile phone or manually enter the provided Secret Key. After that, enter the password and the Verification Code offered by the authenticator app.
- Click Verify to confirm 2-Step Verification.
Rockstar states that the two-step verification or 2FA won’t be required for third-party authentication on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Google, Twitter, or Facebook but will still be required to change Account Settings like email, password, or payment methods.
Now that your account is secured, Rockstar is offering you a direct deposit of $500,000 in GTA Online currency and 10 Gold Bars in Red Dead Online and “additional future benefits in both GTA Online and the Red Dead Online”