Valve has released a new update, making Counter-Strike: Global Offensive free-to-play and added a new game mode called Danger Zone.
Danger Zone is the new battle-royale-style game mode for CS:GO, based on other famously known game titles, such as Fortnite and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
The game has become fully free-to-play after Valve hinted at their plans of making it so with previous updates, which allowed newcomers to utilize certain parts of the game free of charge, such as playing offline and spectating matches. Now new newcomers and old players can play matchmaking together, as well as, the new game mode Danger Zone, get new skins from the new skin case.
All players who played CS:GO before today’s update will receive a commemorative Loyalty Badge they can display on their profile. Additionally, all existing CS:GO players have had their accounts upgraded to Prime Status. As before, Prime Status matches you with other Prime Status players. Also, Prime Status will give you access to the new Souvenir MP5-SD | Lab Rats, which is available by earning XP while playing Danger Zone matches, and the all new skins in Danger Zone Skin Case.
The full changelog of the update can be found below:
CSGO: Danger Zone
- Introducing Danger Zone, a fast-paced battle royale game mode built on CS:GO’s tactical gameplay. For more details, visit: www.counter-strike.net/dangerzone
- Danger Zone can be played solo, or in squads of two or three players.
Free To Play
- CS:GO is now free to play. For more details, visit the F2P FAQ.
- All players who played CS:GO before the Danger Zone update will receive a commemorative Loyalty Badge they can display on their profile.
- All current CS:GO Players have been upgraded to Prime Status
- Prime Status continues to match you with other Prime Status players
- Additionally, your Prime Status will give you access to the new Souvenir MP5-SD | Lab Rats (available by earning XP while playing Danger Zone matches) and the new Danger Zone case.
Danger Zone Case
- Introducing the Danger Zone Case, featuring 17 community-designed weapon finishes, and the Horizon Knives as rare special items.
The update and the free game are now available, head over to the Steam Store and start playing right away.