Respawn started the event The Old Ways in Apex Legends and instantly published a gameplay trailer that gives the players an overview of what they can expect from the event.
In The Old Ways event players fight hordes of prowlers in Bloodhound’s conquest of the city and get new event-exclusive skins like the “Young Bloodhound” skin. In addition, Respawn has added the “Duos” mode along with map rotation, so that players can play duos or trios on the Kings Canyon and World’s Edge maps.
You can find more details on the event’s new features below:
- Duos & Königsschlucht – On April 7, the mode “Duos” will be permanently added to the existing “Trios”.
- Permanent map rotation – Which gives players the opportunity to play duos or trios on the Kings Canyon, World’s Edge and probably future maps.
- City Takeover – Bloodhound Trials – In this marked area in the northwestern part of World’s Edge, teams can battle a horde of prowlers for high-quality loot. However, players face an even greater danger: other legends that are also looking for prey. Exploring the area with a certain hunter could prove extremely rewarding.
- Exclusive Event Prize Chain – Together with the event, Respawn is releasing a new prize chain with rewards inspired by the latest stories from the Outlands in the short old-fashioned video. As in previous events, players can earn up to 1,000 points per challenge set, and the challenge set changes daily.
- Direct purchase shop – Event-exclusive legendary and rare skins, which were inspired by the short video “The old ways”, are available in the shop. The legendary hunting skins also return in the event of the same name. All eight original Legendary Hunting Skins will be available for direct purchase. There are also two recolored variants of the Wraith and R-301 skins that were previously reserved for Battle Pass owners.
Apex Legends: The Old Ways event begins today and runs until April 21st 2020.